[PD] netsend

oliver oliver at klingt.org
Sat Apr 15 22:03:11 CEST 2017

zmoelnig at iem.at wrote:
> On 04/15/2017 09:46 PM, oliver wrote:
>> i use the OSCX library (get it via deken) to do the job
>
> why would you use the most buggy implementation of OSC that is
> available for Pd?

1.) because nobody ever told me that it is
2,) because i use it without any trouble for quite a while now ...

> Pd>=0.46 has (simple) OSC built-in.

which VVVV could not cope with, unfortunately. or at least i couldn't
get it to work. thus my need for an alternative, and OSCX worked
flawlessly right away

it is also the first Pd version
> that includes deken, so i assume that this is your target platform.
>
> if you need bundles, timestamps or support for older versions of Pd
> (why would you?), use mrpeach/osc.

ok, will do that !

as a sidenote:

i'm not a developer, just a simple PD user. how am i supposed to know
that a library is "the most buggy implementation of OSC that is
available for Pd" ?
if that is really the case, a short note inside deken or at least inside
the library's folder would be very helpful. something like "is
outdated/potentially buggy. use mrpeach/osc etc. instead" ...

best

oliver

---