[PD] maxlib/arraycopy & pd-essentials

Fred Jan Kraan fjkraan at xs4all.nl
Fri Apr 21 21:59:43 CEST 2017

Hi Ed,

Did I understand correctly the object works in a predictable way in the
end?

Sometimes I try to maintain a version of maxlib distributed with deken,
and had the impression it worked as expected when I revisited the
help-patch.

At the same time, I had the idea that this object, as there are a lot
more in Max/MSP and pd-extended, are just convenience objects; could be
as well a proper abstraction. Which would have much higher educational
value IMHO.

It would be a nice project for the Pd-community as a whole to find the
(few) essential objects missing from pd-vanilla and leave the rest of
pd-extended as proper legacy; nice to have to get that old patch
working, not otherwise not really useful.

Greetings,

Fred Jan