[PD] How to scratch large sound file ?

Christof Ressi christof.ressi at gmx.at
Fri Apr 21 22:51:50 CEST 2017

> but how to fill a table with a sound with more than 4000000 samples ?

what is the problem with that?

> also I need high fidelity playback at nominal speed.

Miller's varispeed example does achieve that. it uses the right inlet of [tabread4~] to prevent loss of precision.

Gesendet: Freitag, 21. April 2017 um 22:45 Uhr
Von: "Antoine Villeret" <antoine.villeret at gmail.com>
An: David <dfkettle at gmail.com>
Cc: Pd-List <pd-list at lists.iem.at>
Betreff: Re: [PD] How to scratch large sound file ?

Thanks for the hint,

but how to fill a table with a sound with more than 4000000 samples ?
is there a direct-from-disk solution for that ?
also I need high fidelity playback at nominal speed.

Thanks

Antoine

--
do it yourself
http://antoine.villeret.free.fr

Which one?
 It's supposed to be possible with tabread4~, by using the onset inlet.
There's an example in one of the help files. I looked at it a year ago and
it was incomprehensible. YMMV.

If you figure it out, please post a simple example patch. This is my
greatest joy-killer in Pd, because I really want to work with audio files
which may be 1-2 hrs long.