[PD] [Gem] 10-bit per channel in Gem

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Sun Apr 30 16:28:20 CEST 2017

On Sam, 2017-04-29 at 15:30 +0200, Antoine Villeret wrote:
> afaik, Gem only supports 8bit per pixel images
> so all pix_* objects have this limitation
> I was wondering the same when working on image capture plugin with 10
> or 12bit camera
> I didn't find any solution to increase the depth without code
> refactoring

I think I found a work-round for my case, since I want to have more bit
depth with only one channel (greyscale). I swapped the header of a
24bit greyscale TIFF with the header of an RGB/8bit TIFF and thus was
able to get more resolution. However, this doesn't work with the
[pix_equal] -> [pix_mask] setup anymore and it seems its too slow
anyway. I'm now trying to do the masking with a  shader instead and
hopefully be able to use the extra bit depth with the trick mentioned
above (I'm still quite a GLSL noob, though... this will probably take
some time).

Roman