[PD] patch with Loadbang loses data structure

João Pais jmmmpais at gmail.com
Sat May 20 11:30:35 CEST 2017

>> for that it works to draw first the black, then the white keys, then
>> vis 0,vis 1.
>> It's not logical, but it seems to work.
>
> also works for me. and it helps for filtering the right key events (see
> my solution).
>
> Seems like a magic for me... Anyway I adopt Christof mixed with João
> solutions at this patch.
>
> But arises some questions...
>
> Once I need:
>  1. change color of key while mouse click is on at these key

that's easy on its own, get the pointer from the output of [struct] when
you click on it. use it to change the color with [set ...... color].

>  2. once mouse click is on, and mouse cursor move around the gop area,
> the keyboard will respond. Like a finger pressing and moving around a
> >real keyboard.
>  3. the key are velocity sensitive around y axis at first click.

> I'm thinking to map the gop are, create a system of coordinates to draw
> keyboard and using [cyclone/mousestate] and/or only
> [iemguts/>receivecanvas].
>
> In this way maybe is better implement the João suggestion of
> parameterize the template and implement the keys with more points and
> implement >the control with a gop coordinate system.

you can't click and drag on data-s, so your other idea is better (and get
the pointers to make the display look accordingly).
Once I did a sampler what I had an horizontal line of marks indicating
places in a sample; also using [mousestate] to get the mouse actions
(position in window + clicks) I could extrapolate where I was in the
window, and what should sound.

Joao