[PD] Execute command from Pd

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Mon May 29 21:15:45 CEST 2017

Seconded. IMO something like [getdir] should be included with vanilla, perhaps as part of get canvas info functionality.

I’m using [getdir] for things like this in PdParty and I have a few abstractions for working with paths (p_*): https://github.com/danomatika/rc-patches/tree/master/rc <https://github.com/danomatika/rc-patches/tree/master/rc>

> On May 29, 2017, at 10:30 AM, pd-list-request at lists.iem.at wrote:
>
> From: Antoine Rousseau <antoine at metalu.net <mailto:antoine at metalu.net>>
> Subject: Re: [PD] Execute command from Pd
> Date: May 29, 2017 at 6:40:26 AM MDT
> To: Roman Haefeli <reduzent at gmail.com <mailto:reduzent at gmail.com>>
> Cc: Pd-list <pd-list at lists.iem.at <mailto:pd-list at lists.iem.at>>
>

> When I distribute the script together with my
> Pd project, I'd rather want it relative to the patch, otherwise the
> script won't be found on other users' machines.
>
> As you need [ggee/shell], then why not using also [ggee/getdir] to know where your patch is located ?
>

> Antoine Rousseau
>   http://www.metalu.net <http://metalu.net/> __ http://www.metaluachahuter.com/ <http://www.metaluachahuter.com/compagnies/al1-ant1/>
--------
Dan Wilcox