[PD] should I use pddp/link in help patches?

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 13:23:06 CEST 2017

On Fre, 2017-06-02 at 10:42 +0000, Liam Goodacre wrote:
> Hi Roman
>
> Context, the system I'm documenting, is far too big to be explained
> in a single help-patch, so I want the 'context-help.pd' file to
> function more like a Table of Contents for the rest of the
> documentation (plus a few quick examples). It would be nice if the
> TOC could link to other files.

When you want to use [pddplink], I'd simply do so and declare it a
dependency of your system. I wouldn't care so much about what users
have already installed, I'd rather care whether dependencies are easily
available/installable. If [pddplink] is in deken, the most important
thing is to document that Context requires pddplink (or whatever the
library is called).

Roman