[PD] simulating grid, GEM and a few questions

oliver oliver at klingt.org
Mon Jun 12 18:31:29 CEST 2017

Pagano, Patrick wrote:
> Hello
>

> I am using vanilla nowadays and i was wondering if someone has arrived
> at an elegant way of simulating the X/Y control of the grid object that
> used to reside in unauthorized? I would like to get at least that smooth
> blend of x/y with one knob/control and i am curious if others have made
> something to replace it or have an abs that can simulate what i was sharing

hi, patrick !

as a matter of fact i recently made a rebuild of this XY-grid with
(almost) vanilla only objects, save for the essential IEMGUTS. no
guidelines though (since i never used them myself).

it's a part of a larger collection of GUI and other abstractions that i
hope to finish and release to the public soon. up until now please
consider this a beta stadium. the object is called [ol_grid] and is
attached.

i tested it on a windows machine with the recent PD version (0.47.1),
all necessary files are in the zip, plus a help patch. you only need
IEMGUTS in the extra folder and it should be good.

best

oliver