[PD] simulating grid, GEM and a few questions

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 23:01:48 CEST 2017

> I am using vanilla nowadays and i was wondering if someone has arrived at an elegant way of simulating the X/Y control of the grid object that used to reside in unauthorized? I would like to get at least that smooth blend of x/y with one knob/control and i am curious if others have made something to replace it or have an abs that can simulate what i was sharing

Check out the pure vanilla [touch] object in the Droidparty abstractions: http://www.droidparty.net <http://www.droidparty.net/>

This also has the benefit that it will be rendered as an XY object in both Droidparty & PdParty.

> Also
> is it possible to run GEM via vanilla on a mac?
> I'm running Pd 0.47.1  with osx 10.11.6

Yes. Install GEM via deken.

> after grabbing it with deken it still does not work so i am wondering if there is a stash of binaries for it somewhere?

I believe you need to both add the Gem std path and libs to the startup options. Search on the list.

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>