[PD] Problems with startup options from the GUI (PD 0.47.1, Win10 x64)

NitroWheels nitrowheels71 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 14 20:23:04 CEST 2017

Hi,

I'm experiencing problems setting up the startup options from the GUI (Edit > Preferences > Startup)

OS: Win10 x64PD: v0.4.7.1

>From the CLI the following examples both work:
pd.exe -font-size 24 -font-face Cambria
pd.exe -font-size "24" -font-face "Cambria"

none of them instead from the GUI
about the first one: just the first options produces the expected behaviour, while the other seems ignored (same by swapping them)
the second one, probably due to the parsing of the double quotes, gives an error (you have to restart Pd using -noprefs to correct the problem or use regedit)

Is this is some kind of bug or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for your kind help and for this fantastic computer music project.
Enrico