[PD] metro slow down + audio drop-outs

Nicola Pandini nicola.pandini at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 12:45:25 CEST 2017

Hi list,
I have a patch that acts as MIDI master, that sends MTC and other data
via udpsend to 4 udp ports.
It happens that sometime the patch's audio metronome begin to slow down
for a bunch of seconds. I also hear cracklings in metronome sound (the
metronome patch is based on a simple [metro] object).

I don't see any xrun, so I'm starting to think it's a problem of the
patch. Maybe the buffer of udpsend? Because it seems to happen when I'm
sending more data than usual (not everytime, though).
Can you give me some hints? I'm using pd-extended on Debian Jessie.

     Thanks

--
Nicola