[PD] minor annoyance: copy and pasting objects puts the new objects UNDER the old ones

oliver oliver at klingt.org
Mon Jun 19 20:07:19 CEST 2017

PD to me is the world of workarounds ;-)

while i also used to be a little irritated by this copy behaviour, i
almost automatically do it like Roman these days (the "duplicate" method).

another possibility is to copy what you want, do a "select all"
afterwards, then "shift+right" to move everything 10 pixels to the right
and THEN do the pasting.

probably even better: copy, paste, and immediately after pasting press
shift-down to move the pasted content 10 pixels down

while i also think pasting should happen in a better way, in my daily
patching life it really became a very very minor issue - whereas ...

> This gets particularly frustrating if you copy/paste a big bunch of
> objects at once, and then do something else before realising, and can't
> access the undo function any more.

... the fact that there is only one (!) undo step is the much more
serious issue !

@miller: could this be upgraded in the next release ? ;-)

best

oliver