[PD] using bob~ with libpd for android

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 02:33:21 CEST 2017

Hi, I'm testing the usage of externals with libpd, sarting with the ones
that come with Pd, like [bob~].

I'm using libpd for android. I'm on a MacOS Sierra, and using Android
Studio's emulator. I made it through Rafael's tutorial
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cinOFA1pT1k&list=PLn3ODBv0ka5hS5areRFSTi2aydPMiUq3B
- I got a simple patch that turns on by a switch. The emulator uses a Nexus
5 API 24, x86 architecture. So now I just have another simple patch with
[noise~] going through [bob~] that I wanted to try and make it happen.

So, [bob~] is an extra, and you don't get it by default in libpd, so it
seems. I checked around, and was able to compile pd's extra as .so files.
In my projects PdCore I got a libs folder with all these compiled externals
for armeabi / armeabi-v7a / x86! The binary for bob seems to be
"libbob_tilde.so". But having this is not enough for loading it and playing
it... what else am I missing?

I also did try using *PdBase.addToSearchPath* in my code in
MainActivity.java, I got the idea that would do it, but it didn't, here's
how I tried it.

private void initPD() throws IOException{
    int sampleRate = AudioParameters.suggestSampleRate();
    PdAudio.initAudio(sampleRate, 0, 2, 8, true);

*    PdBase.addToSearchPath("/Users/porres/Desktop/LearningLibPd/HelloPd/PdCore/libs/x86");*
    dispatcher = new PdUiDispatcher();
    PdBase.setReceiver(dispatcher);

}

cheers