[PD] unauthorized (was soundhack PD externals)

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Sat Jun 24 01:15:36 CEST 2017

> Since we are chatting about externals and updates
>
> I have a question about unauthorized, i would love to use some of those
> externals on linux32 but they always fail with reference to libspeex.so.*
> and it's in the folder, i symlinked it and everything to no avail. I assume
> Sevvy is long gone? I have not seen any of hist posts since the whole
> license war thing bt some of those externals [spigot~] [cooled~] scratcher~
> etc... were fun.
>
> Anyone have an idea how i might get those to work and if they do not work
> should we remove them finally?

Well, this is now just another unsupported/abandoned library from old
Extended, as the vast majority of those libraries are. So I say you
shouldn't expect much news from it. Maybe you could giver it a shot?

I don't know what you mean about "removing" them... like, from where? Pd
Extended is no more, so it doesn't make sense to talk about removing from
there. So, removing from deken? If some do not work in linux, you can't
expect all versions to go away just because of that... what can you do?
Just leave it there I guess.

Now, Purr Data still has these, as inherited from Pd Extended. I doubt
jonathan is willing to support these, so maybe your question about
"removing" it makes sense in this context...

And I also think spigot~ is quite simple and useless... there are more
powerful objects elsewhere, such as selector~ from the newest cyclone.

cheers