[PD] Building Pd for MacOS (was MIDI timing FIFO overflowed receiving sysex)

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 21:47:05 CEST 2017

I’m not sure. Even if you don’t, on newer versions of macOS, running “git” or “make” or whatever will automatically launch the install window for the command line tools. I mainly mention the fact that users:

1. do not need to install 4-8 GB of Xcode to build Pd
2. do not need to create a Apple account to install the main compiler chain

Also, is does not “hurt” to install the command line tools irregardless. They used to be tied to Xcode say, 4 years ago, but were split out as you don’t need said 4-8 GB of Xcode to build most OSS.

> On Jun 26, 2017, at 9:44 PM, Alexandre Torres Porres <porres at gmail.com> wrote:

> I will write this up in the readme, but here’s an overview. Its basically exactly the same thing you do in Linux except for building the app bundle.
>
> 1. You don’t need Xcode, only the command line tools which can be installed by running the following in Terminal:
>
>     xcode-select —install
>
> but since I got XCode and everything, I should also have that too, right?

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>