[PD] Building Pd for MacOS (was MIDI timing FIFO overflowed receiving sysex)

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 06:46:59 CEST 2017

> I’m not sure. Even if you don’t, on newer versions of macOS, running “git”
> or “make” or whatever will automatically launch the install window for the
> command line tools.

good, so I have that, as I suspected. Anyway, I tried " xcode-select
--install", and it just confirmed with "*error: command line tools are
already installed, use "Software Update" to install updates*".

Anyway, moving on

2. Build Pd using autotools like in Linux:

>     cd pure-data

I'm there

>     ./autogen.sh <— you only need to run this if the configure script is
> not in the distribution (aka cloned from Github)

so, I cloned from github, which means I need to do this, right? So, I do
it, and this is what I get:
 "*./autogen.sh: line 21: autoreconf: command not found*"

and I'm stuck already :/

>     ./configure

yeah, moving on, doesn't work, I get "*./configure: No such file or
directory*" - proving I really needed "./autogen.sh"

well, any ideas?

thanks