[PD] HOA / spatialization approaches for a hemisphere

Pierre Guillot guillotpierre6 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 09:18:34 CEST 2017

My VBAP repository is for "personal" use, I'm not sure that I will ever
publish an "official" release but everything should work ! I did this
because there were bugs in the "official" implementation when using a very
large number of loudspeakers and I couldn't solve the problem from the
original code (I couldn't find the problem in fact...). If you want to be
sure to have something durable I suggest you to use the abstraction p.vbap
but the compiled externals are much more efficient. One last thing: there
is no "spread" factor (MDBAP)  but you can do it manually in Pd. The
principles are explained in the paper Uniform Spreading Of Amplitude Panned
Virtual Sources (
https://aaltodoc.aalto.fi/bitstream/handle/123456789/2345/article4.pdf) and
the implementation is explained in Generic panning tools for MAX/MSP (
http://cnmat.org/ICMC2000/pdf/VBAP.pdf
<(http://cnmat.org/ICMC2000/pdf/VBAP.pdf>).
Cheers