[PD] Building Pd for MacOS (was MIDI timing FIFO overflowed receiving sysex)

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 01:38:01 CEST 2017

As requested: https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/pull/71 <https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/pull/71>

> Could the functionality of the mac/*.sh scripts be incorporated into the Makefile? This feels neater to me.

The basic aspect is, via: make app

Anything more, I feel, means the user can interact with the scripts directly. As it is now, "make app" produces the default app bundle using the included Wish as per Miller's builds. This is the safest, most supported approach so far. At some point when the newer Tk aspects are smoothed out (font sizing, etc), we can update that build target.

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>