[PD] loading Gem

Lucas Cordiviola lucarda27 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 28 19:29:45 CEST 2017

>> declare -lib C:/Users/john smith/AppData/Roaming/pd/Gem

>you should never do that.

Nah, C'mon, full path is legal in the Help file, and easier to understand to the Op.

>the idea of [declare] is to express a dependency on a library, rather

than to provide an attacker with valuable information about the

filesystem layout of the computer you happened to use.

Attacker?

>it also makes it impossible for "jane doe" to use your patch (unless you

want to maintain a list of all users, who are supposed to run the patch,

in your patch).

You mean in your Pc, and it wouldn't work because of the “White space””.

>if you want to put libraries into non-standard locations, you should use

the preferences's "Path" to search those locations.

If preferences are working on that windows registry, which happens to be buggie on many pcs.

>the actual entries to the [declare] object should always be relative.

Not always.

Ps: Why “msvcr71.dll” is not included in Gem/0.93.3, we must ship that dependency.

Sashgs,

Lucarda.