[PD] Building Pd for MacOS (was MIDI timing FIFO overflowed receiving sysex)

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 21:38:15 CEST 2017

We can add the architecture info to the configure print out.

In the meantime, use the "file" command on the Terminal to look at pd inside the app bundle:

$ file Pd.app/Contents/Resources/bin/pd
Pd.app/Contents/Resources/bin/pd: Mach-O 64-bit executable x86_64

or you can examine the binary in the src folder:

$ file src/pd
src/pd: Mach-O 64-bit executable x86_64

> On Jun 29, 2017, at 7:36 PM, Alexandre Torres Porres <porres at gmail.com> wrote:

> Also, like all macOS apps at this point, the default build is 64 bit. If you want a 32 bit build, you can specify the required architectures to the configure script:
>
>     ./configure --enable-universal=i386
>
> I compiled both ways, for 32 and 64 bits, but the app that comes out looks the same... how can I check in the guts of if to see if it is 32 or 64? When we get the released compiled versions, that's given in the name, but other than that, I wouldn't know how to differentiate, any ideas?
>
> thanks

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>