[PD] legato portamento

Simon Iten itensimon at gmail.com
Sun Jul 2 23:46:30 CEST 2017

> On 2 Jul 2017, at 23:38, Lucas Cordiviola <lucarda27 at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >yes, but the array solution is more robust since it takes pitch into account as well, so it works with multiple note ons and offs for the same note (and a mismatch of those).
>
> ?
> we are only counting how many are pressed.
> Your patch does not tell anything about pitch.
well my array based approach sets a boolean value for each pitch, while the other approach just counts note ons and offs regardless of pitch.
hence in the array solution two note ons of the same pitch will still result in a 1 and in the other approach in a 2.

> >i think it is not totally clear if a note off for a given pitch should mute all the notes sounding at that pitch. (can there sound more then one note on the same pitch on the same instrument?)
>
> Can you put 2 different values on the same array/table index at the same time?
no, that is exactly why i use it :-)

> For midi-channel 1, note 64, there is *only* one velocity possible, not more than one.
yeah but you can send two note ons 64 after each other, and then one note off 64, what should happen? (for example if you merge two midi-streams)