[PD] legato portamento

Simon Iten itensimon at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 11:26:42 CEST 2017

> On 3 Jul 2017, at 10:41, Roman Haefeli <reduzent at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> You not always want to mute the first note when a second note with the
> same pitch is triggered, regardless whether such an instrument exists
> or not. When creating software instruments, I often explicitly allow to
> trigger two or more notes of the same pitch because of the way it
> affects the sound. The phasing or  (with a small amount of random
> pitch) pulsing can be nice.
of course, but since i try to find a nice solution for legato portamento playing monophonic synths in puredata (4 of them on different channels, see below), there is only really one voice sounding at a time.

by now i fixed my controller code and i can again use the much simpler method with a counter, see attached.

@johannes: actually my controller is a bass midi controller. the four strings are sent on four channels, allowing for 4 of the same notes (as on a real bass). but since they are on a different channel, each string can be processed separately.
this allows for string slides and hammer ons and offs which would not be possible on one midi  channel. see here: https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-DQen_oBVTIQ/V5uR9AhcFfI/AAAAAAAAAcY/4h94gB1VMegkemIKMTCQ4jDTt0XZQYbtwCLcB/s1600/IMG_0795.JPG <https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-DQen_oBVTIQ/V5uR9AhcFfI/AAAAAAAAAcY/4h94gB1VMegkemIKMTCQ4jDTt0XZQYbtwCLcB/s1600/IMG_0795.JPG>