[PD] [Bug]Pd crashes when sending 'menuclose' to a patch opened multiple times

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Jul 4 09:43:36 CEST 2017

hi,

thanks for the bug-report.
please consider adding it to the tracker ("Help"->"Report a bug")

On 2017-07-04 08:28, Zack Lee wrote:
> Here's the screenshot of my test patch.

please provide a working example.
screenshots of patches create work for everybody who wants to reproduce
the issue, as they have to
- open the image
- open Pd
- make sure both a visible (cool on my dual-screen Desktop; less cool on
my netbook)
- copy each element from the image to the patch
it also creates work for you, as you must create a screenshot of the
iamge first, and trim it down to the relevant info.
compare this to just sending the Pd patch, where everybody can simply
open it.

reproducing a patch from an image is error-prone.
also sometimes there are bugs that might not show at all when
reproducing the patch from an image (think undefined-behaviour, like our
famous missing [trigger]).

also the image file is much larger than the patch file (which is tiny by
itself; and compresses very well).

fgmasdr
IOhannes