[PD] fluid~ generator attack time

Pagano, Patrick patrick.pagano at uconn.edu
Sun Jul 9 00:29:36 CEST 2017

I urge you to try polyphonie an free app that lets you open the SF and you can see what values it wants

Patrick Pagano B.S.,M.F.A.
Assistant Professor in Residence
Web & Interactive Technologies
University of Connecticut
Stamford, CT USA
(352) 226-2016

On Jul 8, 2017, at 4:00 PM, "info at hansroels.be<mailto:info at hansroels.be>" <info at hansroels.be<mailto:info at hansroels.be>> wrote:

Hello,

This is a simple question about the fluid~ external. According to the documentation on this site http://www.pjb.com.au/midi/sfspec21.html#8.1.1  I should send values to generator 34 to change the attack time of the amplitude envelope, for example a message with value 0 should result in an attack time of 1 second:

[gen 1 34 0(

But this doesn't produce any change in the attack. (other generators, for example 52 -fine tuning-, work well). Am I misunderstanding something about soundfonts and generators?

I am using Pd-l2ork version 2.0 (20170207-rev.a243cb3) on Linux mint, I am using these sf2 soundfonts : Timbres Of Heaven GM_GS_XG_SFX V 3.4 Final  and GeneralUser GS SoftSynth v1.44

best, Hans