[PD] timbreID version 0.7 testing

William Brent william.brent at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 22:45:39 CEST 2017

Hi all,

I've finally gotten around to making some improvements and updates to the
timbreID library, so I'd be grateful for any feedback and bug reports at
this point. You can currently get source code and Linux/Mac/Windows
binaries via deken. Below is a short list of the main additions. One major
point is that I decided to use FFTW this time around. I've managed to get
that working fine on Linux/Mac/Windows, but it would be great to get any
advice on how to minimize the trouble that that dependency brings up.
Makefile edits and suggestions are also very welcome, especially aspects
that involve linking to FFTW on these 3 different platforms.

UPDATES:
Bark-based versions of all spectral features (barkSpecCentroid~,
barkSpecSpread~, etc.)
A cepstrum-based pitch tracker (cepstrumPitch~)
An attack time analysis object (attackTime~)
Spectral slope analysis objects (specSlope~, barkSpecSlope~)
A waveform slope analysis object (waveSlope~)
A DCT object (dct~)
Various simple time-domain objects (peakSample~, minSample~, maxSample~,
minSampleDelta~, maxSampleDelta~)
Various conversion objects (bin2freq, bark2freq, etc.)
Additional [tabletool] methods (clip, round, ceiling, floor, maximum
magnitude, find zero crossings, mtof, ftom, dbtorms, rmstodb, bin2freq,
freq2bin, bark2freq, freq2bark, auto-fit boundaries)
Various improvements to the database/classification object [timbreID]

There is also an updated examples package, which mainly addresses the
change in functionality of [timbreID]'s fourth outlet, but has significant
improvements for the concatenative and timbre space examples. It also
includes a new example directory for audio segmentation. You can get that
at http://williambrent.conflations.com/pages/research.html#timbreID. I've
also set up a GitHub repo at wbrent/timbreID, which has everything (source,
binaries, example patches).

Thanks and feel free to write me on or off list.
William

--
William Brent
www.williambrent.com

“Great minds flock together”
Conflations: conversational idiom for the 21st century

www.conflations.com