[PD] [PD-announce] pd 0.48-0test1 released

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Sun Jul 16 22:28:25 CEST 2017

Hey all

I'm experiencing window position troubles on X11 (Ubuntu 16.04,
fluxbox). When loading patches in Pd 0.48 that were last saved with Pd
0.47, the windows appear at the correct positions. But when saving and
reloading them on 0.48, they move upwards and slightly to the left on
each cycle. Furthermore, when opening and closing subpatches, their
windows move downwards by ~30 pixels on each cycle. This is a
regression since the last Pd release.

IOhannes addressed window positioning on X11 with commit f0703a40810,
which fixed almost all window positioning troubles know to me,  but its
effect got lost soon after. I have troubles finding out what exactly
broke it, but it might be a commit or merge that happened after Feb
2017.

Attached is a patch that illustrates the canvas movement.

Roman

https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/commit/f0703a408103fff236f5b