[PD] [PD-announce] pd 0.48-0test1 released

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Sun Jul 16 22:34:30 CEST 2017

> On Jul 16, 2017, at 9:38 PM, Miller Puckette <msp at ucsd.edu> wrote:
>
> Sure enough - with TK 8.5, font sizes are no longer integers; the
> "font metrics" command appears to return the next-higher integer
> sizes (thus throwing off box sizes and messing up selecting text within
> boxes).
>
> I'm not sure what to do - try to adapt Pd to deal with fractional font
> sizes, or find some way to force TK 5 to use integer-sized fonts, or
> just give up and use 8.4 for another cycle...

I'd say keep using the included Wish in mac/stuff. It's Tk 8.4 and still works fine. Then we can work out the kinks in the sizing for the next release and bring in Deja Vu Sans Mono cross platform. I was hesitant to push that for this release as it obviously still needs some attention and testing. I've tried a few fixes now and then, but nothing stuck so far. Frankly, there were many other things that came up first.

> Incidentally, 8.4 isn't yet building on my MacOS 10.6... maybe I can just
> include the system-provided one :)

Any mac TK 8.4 Wish will work, I think. The included one in mac/stuff or the one bundled with macOS. The default behavior for "make app" is to use the traditional, included one to match your previous releases. The system one can be had with:

mac/osc-app.sh -s 8.4 0.48.0

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>