[PD] Gem Rutt-Etra / pix_data speed?

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Jul 17 12:59:08 CEST 2017

On 2017-07-17 12:38, Derek Holzer via Pd-list wrote:
> Very interesting!
>
> However, what comes out is still limited by the block size to every 64
> samples as far as I can tell. I've tried every trick I can to send
> sample precise messages in, but all I ever get is 64 sample rate
> messages out.

did you consider converting the data back to audio-domain with [table]?
([tabwrite]+[tabreceive~])?

> Or am I missing something? See attached.

ouch. that shouldn't work at all.
on each [bang( coming out from [bang~], you first start a counter going
from 0 to 63, and send the corresponding table value to [pix_data]. once
the counter is finished (and its value has settled to 63) you start a
second counter doing the same. once both counters have reached 63, you
are sending a bang to [pix_data] to read out a single value. so for each
dsp-tick you are fetching the colour of the last (63rd) sample.

ghamdr
IOhannes