[PD] New Work based in PD

Rick Snow ricksnow at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 21:56:43 CEST 2017

Hi all,

I want to share with the community a recent large scale work realized
principally with PD.

*In The Shade* is an interactive sound installation and performance piece
for 3 custom metal sculptures and solo cello.  In January of 2017 I had the
pleasure of collaborating with Cellist Geoff Gartner on a premier of the
piece in New Orleans, USA.  The cellist performs from an open score
consisting of pitch collections taken from the resonant frequencies of the
sound sculptures.  The installation listens to the frequency content from
the solo cello and creates its own sonic content through processes of
stochastic harmonization and other modes of material generation.

We were very lucky to have video artist Malcolm Smith create both a
document of the entire performance (55 minutes) and an excerpts video.

I hope some of you enjoy this!

Full version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBK_4d-rPfE

Excerpts:
https://vimeo.com/224130559

We of course hope to present the piece or a new version of the piece
again.  If you have interest in presenting the piece feel free to get in
touch.

Cheers,
Rick

(Forgive the xposting with the facebook page.)