[PD] your favorite key:value data structure?

Ali Momeni batchku at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 22:45:30 CEST 2017

Thanks everyone, this is all very helpful.

"text":
Great.  Can use search, works fine.

"coll":
My understanding is that 'coll' is NOT a part of vanilla, but rather a part
of 'cyclone', not maintained by Miller.  Since I'm looking for a pure
Vanilla solution, this is not a good choice.  right?

"struct":
I understand that you can invent complex data structures with this object.
My 2 questions are:
-is there an easy/out-of-the-vanilla-box way to go from text files to
struct?
-i don't see how struct implements the "key" of my desired key/value pair.
 is that the name of the pd subpatch that has the struct object in it?

Thanks also for the hot PuRestJson tip, will look into that for future
adventures.

ali