[PD] problem with translation : WAS Re: testing some 0.48.0 GUI updates

cyrille henry ch at chnry.net
Wed Jul 19 09:26:19 CEST 2017

hello,

Le 17/07/2017 à 12:13, Dan Wilcox a écrit :
[...]
> * The translation build system has been updated as it wasn't automatically refreshing the translation files. For translators, there should be new strings to add and other to update (see po/README.txt for details). For users, the menu titles should now be translated for those languages which do so.

I'm updating the french translation file, but I've got a problem with the line :

msgid "file edit put find media window help"

if I translate this line, the pg GUI will not start.

using this empty translation, things works normally :
msgstr ""
it's still ok if I put the same text as the english text :
msgstr "file edit put find media window help"

but :
msgstr "file edit put find media window aide"
is not working.

should I just ignore this line?
What is the best process to share this file : forking pd on sourforce git, changing the file and doing a push request?

best
Cyrille