[PD] One click too many on macOS

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 17:27:25 CEST 2017

On Mit, 2017-07-19 at 10:49 +0200, Dan Wilcox wrote:
> Most of the UI error like this are because the first test build from
> Miller is using the buggy Tk 8.5.9. Please test with Tk 8.4 or with a
> custom build of something newer.

I built my own Pd-0.48.0.app and it uses 8.4:

Tk 8.4.19

and it still has the same behavior.

Since I remember using Pd on macOS, I had to click once for switching
windows and another time for actually clicking on something. So this
doesn't seem something new with this release.

Your post sounds to me as you have a different experience. Can you
click a bang from a window that has not focus with a single click?

> it took me a *long* time to figure out what was going on when I first
> tried the update years ago and happily through away all the double-
> bind & key event detection code I added by simply using a newer or
> older version of Tk.

Instead of wish8.4, should I try a newer self-built version, too?

Roman