[PD] "Damaged Error" with 0.48 Test 2 compiled for mac

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 20:23:30 CEST 2017

The download is using Tk 8.5.19 which has crasher problems on 10.12. The most stable build is to use your included Tk 8.4 wish in mac/stuff.

The osx-app.sh already uses this if you invoke it without setting the wish or tk options:

mac/osx-app.sh 0.48.0-test2

or, more simply if using auto tools build:

make app

I'm testing with a mix of things, but mainly using 8.4 either form the old Wish or the 8.4 on my system.

> On Jul 19, 2017, at 8:16 PM, Miller Puckette <msp at ucsd.edu> wrote:
>
> I guess it's that since I bundled the app asking it to incluide Wish as
> installed on my machine, it somehow needs additional files that aren't
> getting copied into the bundle.
>
> Dan: are you able to recompile wish 8.4 on a Mac?  I can't get it to compile
> on mine, but if you can make one and just send it to me (!) I can include
> that in the package shich should make everything self-contained.

> On Wed, Jul 19, 2017 at 08:08:04PM +0200, Dan Wilcox wrote:
>> "damaged" usually means that something's wrong with the app bundle and not with of itself. I'll check it out.
>>
>> enohp ym morf tnes
>> Dan Wilcox
>> danomatika.com
>> robotcowboy.com