[PD] problem with translation : WAS Re: testing some 0.48.0 GUI updates

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 20:41:25 CEST 2017

> Thanks, seems like it is from the file I edit from portuguese-PT with Palmieri long time ago for pd extended 0.43, right?

Probably.

> So, I'm checking this with Pd 0.48, and I can see that some translations do not appear, but they are there in the file. For instance, in the canvas' properties, "Height" and "Visible Rectangle (pix)" are still in english as originally, but these seem to be translated in the file.

Those strings are working for me. I made a few small edits to the pt_br.po file which I can put in a PR.

> Also, the translation of "init"/"no init" cannot fit in the current spaca available, is the only solution to make this larger for all languages?

I can make it bigger but, at a certain point, we have to choose a max string size. Can you use an abbreviation? My wife had a side job in Denver doing localization testing and said that at a certain point, you just have to limit the string sizes: "init" is already an abbreviation for "initialize."

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>