[PD] expr update for 0.48

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 07:08:19 CEST 2017

> Hi Alexandre and All,
>
> I am not sure if the "using store '=' in functions with multiple
> arguments" bug has been reported or not. However, in Expr 0.5 which was
> included in Pd 0.47  an expression which would use the store operator '="
> in  a function with more than one argument such as the following
>
> expr atan2($f1, x = $f2)
>
> expr if ($f1, x = 1, 0)
>
> would pass the creation process but upon execution would throw a "expr:
> FUNC_EVAL(766): bad left type 0" error
>
> This is now fixed.

Ok, so maybe "expr now can access "variable" objects as variables inside
expressions" is about this...

On a related note, if order to make the selective execution of the if()
> arguments to work, I had to make a few structural changes in parsing and
> execution of expressions. If you are using the new test version that Miller
> has put out, please let me know if you see any bugs that I may have
> introduced.

Sure, I'll be testing these... and I'm also working on a help patch update
where I add more information and include all the functions. I could send a
Pull Request very soon. Hopefully this makes into the next release so
people can know all about the new stuff expr has.

Now, about remaining bugs, I still have this bug report patch, though I
removed things that were fixed. There are bugs I think should be fixed, and
some requests. The bugs I really think should be fixed. But about the
reqiests, please consider them and tell me if you're willing to include
these request, so I can let it go if not :) - but I realize v0.55 is here
for good to be a part of the next 0.48, so this would be v0.6 for a later
release, right?

find my v0.55 revision atatched

thanks