[PD] [PD-announce] pd 0.48-0test1 released

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 08:49:24 CEST 2017

Hah, funny that never occurred to me. I tried all sorts of rounding with the font metrics discovery.

It does work, but the default Monaco rendering is too thin and the text is not very readable when the font size is 10 or lower.

However, I just tried with Deja Vu Sans Mono and it looks *great*. I mean, really. I brought the dejavu branch up to date and it's working with the mac build. We can add Windows font support later.

> On Jul 20, 2017, at 7:25 AM, Miller Puckette <msp at ucsd.edu> wrote:
>
> Ok... I think I have a workaround that will allow us to ship with
> TCL/TK 8.5 (at last.....)
>
> I've pushed a compiled Mac app and the source to my webpage and
> git-pushed.
>
> cheers
> Miller
>
> On Sun, Jul 16, 2017 at 12:38:44PM -0700, Miller Puckette wrote:
>> Sure enough - with TK 8.5, font sizes are no longer integers; the
>> "font metrics" command appears to return the next-higher integer
>> sizes (thus throwing off box sizes and messing up selecting text within
>> boxes).
>>
>> I'm not sure what to do - try to adapt Pd to deal with fractional font
>> sizes, or find some way to force TK 5 to use integer-sized fonts, or
>> just give up and use 8.4 for another cycle...
>>
>> Incidentally, 8.4 isn't yet building on my MacOS 10.6... maybe I can just
>> include the system-provided one :)

>> On Sat, Jul 15, 2017 at 11:22:35PM +0200, Dan Wilcox wrote:
>>> I've added  a macOS 32bit 0.48.0-test1 build using the normal (old, included) Tk 8.4 wish: http://docs.danomatika.com/pdbuilds/ <http://docs.danomatika.com/pdbuilds/>

>>> --------
>>> Dan Wilcox
>>> @danomatika <http://twitter.com/danomatika>