[PD] problem with translation : WAS Re: testing some 0.48.0 GUI updates

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 19:35:32 CEST 2017

It helps to RTFM some times: (https://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/manual/html_node/PO-Files.html <https://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/manual/html_node/PO-Files.html>)

This flag can be generated by the msgmerge program or it can be inserted by the translator herself. It shows that the msgstr string might not be a correct translation (anymore). Only the translator can judge if the translation requires further modification, or is acceptable as is. Once satisfied with the translation, she then removes this fuzzy attribute. The msgmerge program inserts this when it combined the msgid and msgstr entries after fuzzy search only.

Fuzzy is only a mark for things gettext thinks have changed and the translation may not be 100% correct any more. It does not keep that string from being used.

> On Jul 20, 2017, at 7:25 PM, Alexandre Torres Porres <porres at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> sure, I'll give it a try, in the meantime, what do you make of the Audio On/Off issue? And the fact that there doesn't seem to be an "Audio On" term to translate?

Looks like those aren't being caught by the translation system. I can fix that.

> By the way, I also don't see a few other terms to translate, like "Hide Pd" / "Quit Pd"
> And I was also able to spot a couple more issues. "Help" Menu is not translating, as well as the "Search" term.

Those are coming from the window manager and not Tcl. It should be translated if you macOS system language is Brazilian as well. If not, then I don't know.

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>