[PD] problem with translation : WAS Re: testing some 0.48.0 GUI updates

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 19:44:53 CEST 2017

> On Jul 20, 2017, at 7:25 PM, Alexandre Torres Porres <porres at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> sure, I'll give it a try, in the meantime, what do you make of the Audio
> On/Off issue? And the fact that there doesn't seem to be an "Audio On" term
> to translate?
>

> Looks like those aren't being caught by the translation system. I can fix
> that.

Here's what I found. In Pd 0.47, you have "Audio I/O off" at start up, then
it goes to Audio On / Off when toggling dsp. So  "Audio I/O off" only
appears once.

Now, by looking at the translation file, I do not see "Audio I/O off", but
only "Audio off", which seems to be used now instead of  "Audio I/O off"?
But you still have some "Audio On / Off" somewhere else?

> By the way, I also don't see a few other terms to translate, like "Hide
> Pd" / "Quit Pd"
>
> And I was also able to spot a couple more issues. "Help" Menu is not
> translating, as well as the "Search" term.
>

> Those are coming from the window manager and not Tcl. It should be
> translated if you macOS system language is Brazilian as well. If not, then
> I don't know.

well, I have it in brazilian portuguese, and it is working for other
softwares, such as "the Google Chrome" I'm using right now. So maybe it's
something we could fix inside Pd.

cheers