[PD] testing some 0.48.0 GUI updates

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 00:45:23 CEST 2017

> On Jul 21, 2017, at 12:06 AM, Alexandre Torres Porres <porres at gmail.com>
> wrote:

>> We could have the menu placement be based on platform... :)
>>

> could that be done right away?
>

> I'm not changing that behavior at this point. Maybe later.
>
> On mac, on the Pd menu, there are actually 2 preferences, but it seems one
> of them is from the system and could be the only one when we sort the
> unified preferences pane, right?
>

> Yes it can, but that takes work. There is NO way to remove the default
> Preferences entry. I have tried.

how come, something to do with tcl/tk?

I was checkin extended 0.42-5 - it has this system prefrences not
highlighted/activated... purr data doesn't have it or other things like
"service" (extended doesn't have service either)

> But it seems too redundanct and confusing to access them in the Media menu
> as well
>

> Yes, but it's not that big a deal for now. Some might argue that its
> easier and quicker to change things like Audio & Midi from the
> appropriately named "Media" menu, instead of clicking more times from the
> other location.

seems like the ideal scenario would be to call it from the "command + ,"
shortcut and have access to all of the settings - if we have that,
eventually, I dont see a reason why to keep the other one

cheers