[PD] testing some 0.48.0 GUI updates

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 00:48:55 CEST 2017

> On Jul 21, 2017, at 12:45 AM, Alexandre Torres Porres <porres at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On mac, on the Pd menu, there are actually 2 preferences, but it seems one of them is from the system and could be the only one when we sort the unified preferences pane, right?
>
> Yes it can, but that takes work. There is NO way to remove the default Preferences entry. I have tried.
>
> how come, something to do with tcl/tk?

Yes. The menu is provided by Tk when setting up the app on Mac. It cannot be removed.

> I was checkin extended 0.42-5 - it has this system prefrences not highlighted/activated... purr data doesn't have it or other things like "service" (extended doesn't have service either)

Those are default menu entries common to most Mac apps. They are added by Tk too. Do I want them there? Maybe not. Do I want to spend lots of time figuring out how to remove them, even though they are harmless. No.

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>