[PD] Icon Update?

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 12:45:11 CEST 2017

After tweaking (fixing inlet & rounded corners), the SVG output looks very similar: https://www.flickr.com/photos/danomatika/36062245585/in/datetaken/ <https://www.flickr.com/photos/danomatika/36062245585/in/datetaken/>

The only difference is that I increased the font size a bit in the first version in order to make it more legible at smaller sizes. I think it's safe to say any exported icon will need to be tweak a little.

Also, I'm not doing all of this because I want *my icon* or whatever to be used at some point. I'm more trying to get feedback on what the community would like and we can choose from some proposals. The main thing is that we should keep the source files for the icon and it needs to be generated for all the platforms (I have this set up).

> On Jul 21, 2017, at 12:31 PM, Dan Wilcox <danomatika at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The SVG output looks just like my tweak minus the tweaks, mainly the outlet box is not tall enough and the object corners are rounded. Otherwise the proportions are the same. It does save the step of needing the ES to SVG conversion.

>> Also, not that I took the original output and tweaked it in Inkscape. I did not take the ES -> SVG and use that directly. This also how I created the PdParty logo: http://danomatika.com/code/pdparty <http://danomatika.com/code/pdparty> The idea was the keep the Pd proportions as much as possible.
>>
>> I didn't know about the svg export plugin, I can see if it works on my system.

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>