[PD] PD 0.48-0 test3 segfaults with Jack and rt on Linux

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 18:47:54 CEST 2017

> On Jul 21, 2017, at 6:11 PM, Max <abonnements at revolwear.com> wrote:
>
> On 2017년 07월 21일 18:03, Dan Wilcox wrote:
>> In the meantime, can't you install the latest stable release in the package manager? Thanks for helping test the new version at any rate.
>
> I wish I could, but when choosing "force version" in synaptic, I end up with broken packages and can't apply the changes any more.

Ouch. Yeah, I guess I don't have to tell you forcing things is a bad idea. Sorry.

>> I also wonder if this is a "linking jack2 when we want jack1" issue.
>
> I don't think so. I had a jack2 system until I just broke everything trying to help debugging..

In this case it might have been better to build jack itself from source and then tell pd to link it instead. I believe there is a configure option for this, IOhannes will know for sure.

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>