[PD] PD 0.48-0 test3 segfaults with Jack and rt on Linux

Max abonnements at revolwear.com
Fri Jul 21 23:33:38 CEST 2017

On 2017년 07월 21일 21:21, IOhannes m zmölnig wrote:
> #2 alternatively, you could just rebuild jack2 and do a `sudo make
> install` (which will (well "should"; i haven't manually checked) install
> to /usr/local/). then run `sudo ldconfig`, and any newly started
> application will start using libjack.so from /usr/local/lib/.
> this is more brittle then #1, as it potentially uses a different libjack
> version - potentially breaking your system (again).
> in theory you could also *not* `make install`, and then start Pd with
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH to force using the non-installed libjack.so
>> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/path/to/src/jack/wherever/libjack.so/is/ gdb ./pd
> that's probably even more error-prone, because you might end up using a
> jackd server with a non-matching pd/libjack

ooh, that sounds like playing with fire. Not sure if I am ready for this.

> another interesting test would be to switch your system to jackd1 (as
> provided by kxstudio), and see whether that works. (you shouldn't need
> to uninstall any packages, apart from some "-dev" packages which don't
> change the runtime characteristics of your system).

seems easy - Starting Synaptic shows me now libjack-jackd2-0 wants to be
upgraded with the same version - that's probably because I installed the
debug symbols version locally (?)

however, marking jackd1 for installation results in broken packages
which I don't know how to resolve. See attachment