[PD] 048 font metrics (was: pd 0.48-0test1 released)

Lucas Cordiviola lucarda27 at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 22 03:10:55 CEST 2017

One more thing:

@Alex:

All this pdx font metrics thing came from your cyclone help patches not rendering the same on diff platforms. While testing that we also came across the diff between vanilla and purr-data.

Personally I think is clever that pd patches render the same on all pd's but I can perfectly live with vanilla metrics.

So if you are not going to modify your pd-gui.tcl and test you are welcomed to redo all your 300 help patches so that *we* can see them nicely on vanilla metrics.

Pdx metrics are still not officially supported by Miller, IOhannes or Dan.

>Ok, this is very Deja Vu indeed... let me just ask, we will not have to do any of this when this gets merged, right? So why, to this point, when I build from that branch I still have to do other stuff in order to get what it is supposed to give me in the end? Do you follow me?

See above, pdx metrics are not yet hardcoded, there must be a good argument for that to became meaningful.

Support it by just testing and giving opinions. But modify that tcl please.