[PD] 048 font metrics (was: pd 0.48-0test1 released)

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Sat Jul 22 16:32:00 CEST 2017

> Somehow Pd-extended managed to make it consistent across platforms, but I
> shouldn't complain, it seems a complex matter and I understand very
> little of it.

yeah, I'm often surprised to learn how things aren't as simple as I assumed
they'd be. Well, it seems this is a problem that needs further discussing.

Yeah, somehow Pd Extended worked fine, Purr Data also inherited that and is
consistent, and it always seemed that vanilla was the same to me cause I'm
on a Mac. I was also surprised to learn things were different in
linux/windows.

I'd also consider an improvement if things would look consistent between
platforms on vanilla, but as it is, it seems Windows is not taken care yet,
so I don't see much advantage at all as of now, as you're not making
everything consistent and you're also compromising how things look on the
mac...

And in the end, I just hope we map the issues of how and why it can't work
as extended/purr data, before settling down to a different aesthetics.

Anyway, the same topic is in discussion in the dev list, and it seems this
PR will be left out of the new release, until we could discuss this better
and stuff.

cheers