[PD] test 4

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Sun Jul 23 23:44:05 CEST 2017

> On Jul 23, 2017, at 11:28 PM, Alexandre Torres Porres <porres at gmail.com>
> wrote:

>> Actually, you're probably referring to the too-thin font rendering with
>> Monaco on retina screens. I agree it's not very readable.
>>

> yup, not very readable... :/ it's thin and small and more less spaced
>
> now, how come when I build it myself from https://github.com/pure-
> data/pure-data it is just fine?
>

> Probably because you're using Tk 8.4 which doesn't support retina
> rendering?

how can I update this please?

Does this mean I'm not getting what I should when I did build the "dejavu"
branch? Probably, huh?

> So, as it is, we'll have to change it either way, huh? Either make it
> smaller or wider than it is.
>

> That's my suggestion, yes, as I mentioned in response to the test3
> release. It's the easiest solution to two problems now.

Regarding how it looks, seems more like the "lesser of two evils" for me,
but it would still be an issue. But now I don't even know if I was checking
the real thing when I built it... maybe it looks great and not too
different than 0.47, plus it makes the font issue consistent between
platforms (but not windows yet, right?).

cheers