[PD] test 4

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Sun Jul 23 23:47:33 CEST 2017

> On Jul 23, 2017, at 11:44 PM, Alexandre Torres Porres <porres at gmail.com> wrote:

>> On Jul 23, 2017, at 11:28 PM, Alexandre Torres Porres <porres at gmail.com <mailto:porres at gmail.com>> wrote:

>> Actually, you're probably referring to the too-thin font rendering with Monaco on retina screens. I agree it's not very readable.
>>
>> yup, not very readable... :/ it's thin and small and more less spaced
>>
>> now, how come when I build it myself from https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data <https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data> it is just fine?
>
> Probably because you're using Tk 8.4 which doesn't support retina rendering?
>
> how can I update this please?

If you change the log level to "all", you can see the TK version print to double check.

Don't build with "make app", use the app scripts directly "make app" builds with the old TK 8.4 that is included with the Pd sources.. There is *tons* of info in mac/README.txt...

> Does this mean I'm not getting what I should when I did build the "dejavu" branch? Probably, huh?
>
>> So, as it is, we'll have to change it either way, huh? Either make it smaller or wider than it is.
>

> That's my suggestion, yes, as I mentioned in response to the test3 release. It's the easiest solution to two problems now.
>
> Regarding how it looks, seems more like the "lesser of two evils" for me, but it would still be an issue. But now I don't even know if I was checking the real thing when I built it... maybe it looks great and not too different than 0.47, plus it makes the font issue consistent between platforms (but not windows yet, right?).

Yes, that's why I test with multiple builds. Now you're starting to see what I mean by giving up some things looking "exactly" the same in a cross platform program...

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>