[PD] test5, problem with special characters in patches' filenames

Dario Sanfilippo sanfilippo.dario at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 10:10:58 CEST 2017

There seems to be a problem with special characters in filenames, namely
round parentheses (I haven't tested the other ones).

I'm on OSX 10.11.6 and, if PD is closed and I open the attached patch, I
get the following error (below) on the PD window. If PD is open and I drag
the on to the PD icon I get the same kind of error as an Application Error
pop-up window.

This patch will still work after I get the errors but I have a large patch
containing parentheses in the filename and things are different: If PD is
closed and I right-click on the file and ask to open with PD, I get the
error in the PD window but the patch works; if PD is open and I drag the
file on it, I get the pop-up error and no operations can be performed on
the patch. I.e., I can't change any of the GUI with the mouse or even close
the patch pressing cmd + w. I can still close it by clicking on the "close"
button in the window.

Cheers,
Dario

(Tcl) UNHANDLED ERROR: 2017-07-24 09:56:45.727 defaults[2085:48740] Could
not parse: /Users/dariosanfilippo1/Dropbox/PureData
patches/abstractions/delta(t)~.pd.  Try single-quoting it.
    while executing
"exec /bin/sh -rc "defaults write $adomain $akey -array-add $escaped""
    (procedure "write_config" line 13)
    invoked from within
"write_config $::recentfiles_list $::pd_guiprefs::domain $::recentfiles_key
 $::recentfiles_is_array"
    (procedure "::pd_guiprefs::write_recentfiles" line 2)
    invoked from within
"::pd_guiprefs::write_recentfiles "
    (procedure "::pd_menus::update_openrecent_menu_aqua" line 13)
    invoked from within
"::pd_menus::update_openrecent_menu_aqua .openrecent $write"
    (procedure "::pd_menus::update_recentfiles_menu" line 4)
    invoked from within
"::pd_menus::update_recentfiles_menu"
    (procedure "::pd_guiprefs::update_recentfiles" line 10)
    invoked from within
"::pd_guiprefs::update_recentfiles $filename"
    (procedure "open_file" line 14)
    invoked from within
"open_file $filename"
    (procedure "open_filestoopen" line 3)
    invoked from within
"open_filestoopen"
    (procedure "pdtk_pd_startup" line 24)
    invoked from within
"pdtk_pd_startup 0 48 0 {test5} {} {} {DejaVu Sans Mono} normal"
    ("uplevel" body line 15)
    invoked from within
"uplevel #0 $docmds"