[PD] Pd 0.48.0test1: donecanvasdialog changed?

Christof Ressi christof.ressi at gmx.at
Mon Jul 24 17:50:50 CEST 2017

yeah, changing the 2 to 3 always works but the remaining problem is: what about all those patches which have a '2' in the [donecanvasdialog( message? I know, dynamic patching is not 'officially' supported but it's a very common practice with whole libraries relying on it.

so is it really a good idea to break those patches (and leave people wondering about the reason) for fixing a bug which IMHO is only a minor inconvenience? are there other possibilities to fix this bug without introducing a regression?

if this bug fix makes it to the release than there should be at least a big fat warning in the change logs and other places to give people the chance to update their patches.

to make things more confusing: [coords ...( still accepts the flag value 2 for drawing the GOP (without text)... see attached patch.

my humble suggestion is to undo the bug fix and think about it/discuss it for a next release.

Christof