[PD] Symbol box interface improvement suggestion

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 25 22:43:25 CEST 2017

> Hey all

> So often I see people getting confused with symbol boxes. Its current
interface design is contrary to what most people are used to from other
software. Every text entry that I can think of gives a visual cue to
indicate keyboard input is expected. However, when you click symbol
box, nothing happens, which is the confusing part and makes a lot of
people think it's not working. Only when you start typing, it adds a
temporary '...' suffix to the written input.
At least in Purr Data, the color of the text changes to show that the
symbol/number box has been activated.

-Jonathan